dinsdag 11 november 2008

A weekend away. Finally.

I was in Belgium last weekend! I took the train to Antwerp, where a friend picked me up and we jammed ourselves into a packed bus to Turnhout. There we met up with the rest of the rather large group and got installed. The food (completely biological of course) was delicious! Especially the fruit, that was just soooo jummy.

A bit of a shame was the lack of showers.. Seeing as I shower at least once a day, not being able to shower for three days (especially after working at smoky fires). But plenty of deodorant and rose scented make up remover did the trick. We slept on the floor of a classroom with 20 others, quite cozy and close together (very interesting with people you don’t even know) sometimes getting an elbow or knee in my back but that didn’t really bother me. The ridiculously loud snoring kind of did.. > <

Oh and the highlight was that we did a workshop in forging! Three proper blacksmiths (was secretly hoping for an Orlando Bloom a la Pirates of the Caribbean or Kingdom of Heaven, but ah well) taught a group of us to work the fire, heat up iron and working with the iron. The hammers were crazy heavy and the fire was bit scary in the beginning, as well as the iron itself as it got really hot (even when it wasn’t glowing anymore it was hot, so many times I had to remind myself not to touch it) but as time passed the heat didn’t bother me one bit. It was great fun, even though my hands were really sore by the end of the day. I made a nail and two free forms (better described as “curly shaped things”). Pictures will follow! ^^

Oh and I forgot that playing musical chairs with a large group was such great fun!

Katrien, thanks for the invite! LOVED IT!

Geen opmerkingen: